It’s the end of the year, errr… obviously! A lot of us have made new year resolutions. I made mine and its 1600x2000pixels.
2011 was a great year for me. I graduated 😀 , became a certified project manager, then I went to the citadel of suffering a.k.a NYSC camp. It was one hell of a bittersweet experience. I finally played that sport, you know, the one where you look left, look right and fling the ball, yeah that one. We had to sit on the floor so many times that my bum reduced :(. The upsides were semi-wild nights in ‘mami market’, consistent supply of fermented sugars, and the friends I made.
I was chatting with a friend some days back, reflecting on the year and out of the blues she says, “in 2011, I discovered that boys are total and complete idiots, but for the strangest reasons we still need them”
I thought I should share five things this year taught me:
1. Life will not always go your way. We all know the idiom “when life gives you lemons, make lemonades”, we always have to make the best of our situations. But then again, I’m also of the opinion that “when life gives you lemons, hand them back and demand for strawberries”. You don’t have to lay back and accept what life gives you all the time. If you don’t push for some certain things, you’ll never get them.
2. It doesn’t matter how many resources you have, if you don’t know how to use them, they’ll never be enough. No man is an island. If we don’t ask about how things were previously done, we’d most likely not get it right.
3. The value of friendship! Without my friends I wouldn’t have been able to achieve most of the milestones I reached this year.
Sometimes I want to be able to read my friends minds and know what they think about me but on a second thought, its just gonna be ‘bleurgh’
I think the suspense of not knowing what’s going through peoples minds or not knowing what might happen next is the major spice of life. ^_^.
4. There’s always a way out. With enough dedication and time. No matter how daunting a task/situation may seem. When I got to understand this, I stopped going to Warri (I’m sorry). Some people call it optimism, I call it the “possibility mentality,as long as you stay positive, anything is possible.”. Keep hope alive, work towards it, Its just a matter of time.
5. The power of prayer. So many times when I prayed in 2011, I didn’t get immediate answers, but do you know what I got? Peace. (na, not your househelp). It always gave me this assurance that there was hope, that I just had to look beyond the present.
Daughtry’s ‘crawling back to you’ is my song of the year. What’s yours?
For christmas, all I need are your 2cents, let’s know the significant things 2011 taught you. You might just lift someone’s spirit.
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE ALARIWO FAMILY!!!
@Didi_Dexsis reporting for Alariwo
We Love u all.. Pls feel free to save the above picture and make it your Avatar,Dp,Profile picture,Gift cards and many more…
Thnks for your love and Support…
Alariwo Loves You.. :d
Coming Soon —-> http://www.alariwo.org